Are you thinking about how to grow your business by using Twitter? Twitter is the great marketing tool for small businesses. If you use Twitter strategically, it helps you engage in conversation with your customers, increase your reach, grows your brand, and generates qualified leads.
No matter what type of business you are running, whether it is a retailer, B2B solution provider, or mobile app company, you can use Twitter to make meaningful connections with a relevant and engaged target audience. These connections can lead to action across a network of loyal customers for your business.
Twitter is a great place to tell the world what you’re thinking before you’ve had a chance to…
Click To Tweet
Here in this blog, you will find a few good tips that will help you in successful business marketing on Twitter.
1. Pay Attention to Your Twitter Profile:
It sounds so simplistic. However, you would be surprised how many people and businesses start a profile and leave everything blank except for the Twitter name. Your profile is all about that first impression. So, why not try to make it a good one? After coming across on your profile, people make the decision on the spot whether or not to take interest on your profile. So make sure that you are taking the time to complete your profile in its entirety.
How to use twitter to drive traffic?
Include website links in your profile as well. This way people can trust you on Twitter and will approach you with much more confidence. This earns you recognition, respect, and credence to your brand. Additionally, this will boost increase traffic as well as more business opportunities to come your way.
Useful tips for completing your profile:
- Use your official company logo in your profile picture.
- Add your bio which describes your company and add links leading to your website.
- You can also add brand related keywords to your bio.
- Add background photos that match up with the branding of your website.
2. Build Your Twitter Community:
If you want people to follow you, you have to start following other people first. This doesn’t necessarily mean follow every person you see. However, you can follow your customers, friends, colleagues, related businesses, influencers in your field, and interesting and informative users. So, the key take-away is for you to just start following people. Many of them will follow you back, especially if they are your customers and know your brand.
Once you have started following people, you should engage with them as well. The main point of using Twitter is to create meaningful relationships. This can’t be fulfilled if you are not tweeting about your brand. You have to be active on Twitter by liking or re-tweeting someone else tweet and putting up regular posts.
Read: 11 Twitter Chats That Every Social Media Marketer Should Join
Useful tips for building community:
- Start posting tweets about what’s going on your business.
- Follow back the people who follow you.
- Stay connected to your replies, follow and favorites.
- Interact with people by responding other people’s tweet.
88% of B2B marketers are using Twitter for sharing content
Click To Tweet
3. Share Interesting Content and Images:
Twitter is the great platform for sharing interesting information. Based on your target audience you should tweet blog, images, video and quotes that your audience will enjoy. Visuals are a great way to get people’s attention, so add them in your tweets whenever possible. This is the best way to start the conversation with other users who are interested in the same type of content and offers. For example, if you are running an online store, you need to tweet videos or images of the products. During festivals, tweet about the latest relevant offers with the link of your products page.
Useful tips on sharing images:
- Get creative and think about your audience.
- Share video, quotes, attractive product image etc.
- Images and videos get more shares, views and clicks than only a plain text tweet.
4. Be Active and Engaged on Twitter:
Start tweeting! A conversation on Twitter is just like face-to-face meeting you have with customers each day. Also, observe what other people are doing on Twitter and create your own Twitter marketing strategy. However, the main focus should be on driving interactions with your followers by re-tweets, replies, mention and favorites. When people favorite, reply or follow you, it’s vital that you respond to them. This way you can build a great impression of your brand across the platform and will help you to grow your following even further. The more you engage on Twitter and the more content you have out there, the more people will easily find you. Customers like it when someone interacts with them as it shows the human face behind the brand.
Useful tips for being active:
- Tweet varieties of posts in a multiple times a day rather than one.
- Short tweet gets more engagement so keep your tweet as short as possible.
- Start conversations in Twitter Chat and engage with people.
5. Use Hashtags:
Hashtags are the great way to increasing the exposure of your tweets. Without hashtags, your followers will be the only ones to see your tweet. However, when you use tweets with hashtags, they can be seen by anyone on Twitter. If you are using hashtags, anyone can search for that specific hashtag and can easily come across your tweet. The hashtag allows your tweets to reach an audience far beyond your followers.
Before using any hashtag, you have to find out which hashtag you should use in order to reach the wider audience and achieve the highest level of engagement. For example, for a digital marketer, the hashtag #marketingtips will reach a more targeted audience and more followers than simply using the hashtag #socialmedia.
Useful tips on using hashtags:
- It is a great way to organize tweets around a specific keyword or topic. However, do not use more than two or three per tweet.
- Use hashtags that are already popular. Try and focus on ones that are useful for your target audience.
- You can also use trending hashtags in your tweet for getting even more followers.
Read: How to Get Your Brand Trending on Twitter
6. Automate Your Twitter Marketing:
The key to successful tweeting is to tweet often. The more you tweet, the more engagement you will see. So, you have to tweet at least three times a day like in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening. Also, it is found that tweeting at 5 PM is the best time to get more re-tweets. However, 12 PM and 6 PM you will get highest CTR at the end of the workday. CTR stands for Click Through Rate.
Tweeting multiple times a day, every single day can be quite difficult, why not make things easier for yourself? You can use SocialPilot to schedule your posts on Twitter and make your task simpler. It not only saves you time and effort, but also helps you to increase engagement and your Twitter presence online.
Useful tips on twitter marketing:
- Optimize the timing of your tweets.
- Posts at least three times a day for more engagement,
- Scheduling your tweets help you to make your task simpler as well as increase your presence.
Read: Twitter Analytics: Monitor Twitter Marketing & Statistics
Twitter Marketing is an essential for spreading business information and taking your business to next level. Using proper strategies not only gives you a successful business, but also gives more engagement as well as followers. How do you use Twitter for your business? Do you have any other marketing tips to share? I would like to hear about it in the comments below.
The post How To Use Twitter For Successful Business Marketing appeared first on SocialPilot.co.